MasterClass, the platform that makes it possible for anyone to learn from the best, today announced MasterClass Live, a new series where members can connect with MasterClass instructors and outside experts, taking their learning beyond MasterClass's video-streaming classes, downloadable workbooks, and apps. For the foreseeable future, MasterClass is making this member benefit available to all.
"MasterClass Live is directly part of our mission to democratize access to the world's best," said David Rogier, co-founder and CEO of MasterClass. "The Live sessions are free and across a wide range of topics from scientific thinking to interior design so everyone has a chance to learn from the best."
Upcoming MasterClass Live sessions include:
- Wednesday, April 15: Bestselling author Dan Brown will talk about writing thrillers and how to build suspenseful stories.
- Wednesday, April 22: Award-winning designer Kelly Wearstler will share interior design techniques to make any space more beautiful, creative and inspiring.
- Wednesday, April 29: Community activist and self-proclaimed "Gangsta Gardener" Ron Finley, whose MasterClass is launching on Earth Day, will share tips on how to keep plants alive and thriving, garden in any space and grow your own food.
- Wednesday, May 6: Daniel Negreanu, one of the best and most influential poker players today, will break down his tips and strategies for making the most of your hand.
- Wednesday, May 13: SPANX® founder Sara Blakely will dive into her entrepreneurial journey and her approach to inventing, selling and marketing products that people love.
MasterClass Live sessions average an hour and are fueled by questions from the audience. MasterClass kicked off its first session in March with former FBI hostage negotiator and MasterClass instructor Chris Voss, who discussed negotiating through collaboration and empathy in the time of social distancing. This was followed by sessions with makeup artist Bobbi Brown, renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and Cronut® creator Dominique Ansel. Additional MasterClass Live sessions will continue to be added to the series.
MasterClass Live is free and all are welcome. Tune in on Wednesdays at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET by clicking here or by going to the MasterClass YouTube channel. Share your thoughts and join the conversation by using the hashtag #MasterClassLive on Twitter.